Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

jackson

new week, new guitar?
or another guitar..


for my second band (demons of decay..) i'm playing usually on a simple jackson guitar.. i even don't know which model it is

we're playing on baritone-tuning, it's 5 steps below standart tuning, death metal has to be very low and heavy 

because i don't want to change the tuning on my main guitar (the ESP one) i've got this non special jackson from my friend.. put some thick strings on it and you can drop the sound

i never was a fan of jackson, i never found the "thing" behind them, even many, especially death metal-guitarists, really like jackson..
many years ago, my best friend also got a jackson and he couldn't imagine a better guitar.. so, maybe i just don't get it

the guitar i'm playing here has really nothing special, it does it's job, not less and not more.. the sound is also.. yeah you can use it, but i couldn't recommand it to someone, because i wouldn't know what to point out, there is nothing to point out

the stringposition is not very nice.. maybe i could make it better, if i want to, but it's sometimes such a frustrating work with this floyd rose... i'm just happy with the fact, that the tuning keeps in tone!

i'm not a real death-metaller, but for this band i try to be, so why not jackson? it does what it should, but i wouldn't get happy with just this guitar 

6 comments:

  1. I guess it all depends on what you're comfortable with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My buddy's got a rich bitch and a rich beast that he used to be obsessed with, as for me I'm not a huge metal fan, but the beast does sound better. I'll stick with my fenders ;0 but I play bass. You guys must love your drummer when you go to gigs, unless he's got a smaller kit he brings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have no use for fender, because i think a "real" fender is single-coil... and single-coil is not the choice for high-gain hehe

      well he's got another set.. but even the one on the picture is quite easy to set up, it's a rack system.. not such where every thing has it's one stand

      Delete